It’s been a while since LinkedIn introduced Company pages. Many organizations have embraced this platform and are engaging actively with the LinkedIn audience on their company pages. LinkedIn says about status updates, “As a LinkedIn Company Page administrator, you can post a status update on behalf of your company. This is a powerful way to build relationships with your company’s followers and keep your company top of mind. Your status updates will appear on your followers’ homepage updates.”
LinkedIn also shares 10 useful tips for posting LinkedIn company status updates. We share the tips below.
1. Be authentic: Your followers are already interested in hearing what you have to say, so keep your message genuine and relevant.
2. Maintain contact: Send updates periodically to stay top of mind with your audience. You might choose to update several times per week.
3. Mix it up: Keep the conversation fresh by including links to interesting press about your company, exciting new jobs and other content. You can also post industry news and insights to build credibility with your followers.
4. Keep it brief and punchy: Shorter updates with a URL link and call-to-action typically lead to higher engagement.
5. Time your updates: Update during business hours for the followers you’re trying to reach, and target the beginning and end of the work day.
6. Participate in the conversation: See how followers respond to your updates and add your own comments.
7. Analyze your engagement: Pay attention to what kind of content drives the most likes, comments and clicks. Re fine your strategy based on what your followers like.
8. Weave in your LinkedIn assets: Use status updates to raise awareness of your LinkedIn Groups, Career Page and Jobs.
9. Spice up your content with embedded images or videos from YouTube. Members can view any videos you share inline in your status update.
10. Involve your employees: Encourage your employees to share your updates to spread the word to their professional connections.